Pan Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Butter Sauce. Simply prepared pan seared pork chops served with a very quick, easy to make dijon butter pan sauce.
These pan seared pork chops show that a quick weekday meal need not be complicated or boring. Our dinner tonight was these simply seasoned, pan fried pork chops.
They were complemented beautifully with a simple sauce comprised of only 4 ingredients.
We served these juicy chops with some simple pasta that was tossed with herbed garlic butter. Some steamed green beans completed a meal in minutes that tasted great.
The wine in the sauce is easily substituted for chicken stock and the wine doesn’t have to be dry. A little sweetness will help balance the slight sourness of the mustard.
For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our 25 Most Popular Recipes since Rock Recipes began back in 2007.
Originally published October 2012.
Like this Pan Seared Pork Chops recipe?
You’ll find hundreds of other great ideas in our Quick & Easy Dinners Category and even more in our Pork Recipes Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Pan Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Butter Sauce
Pan Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Butter Sauce - Simply prepared pan seared pork chops served with a very quick, easy to make dijon butter pan sauce.
- 6 - 8 thick cut pork chops
- salt and pepper to season
For the sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup wine
- 4 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- 4 tbsp butter
- Season 6-8 pork chops with salt and pepper and pan fry in olive oil until the internal temp is 150-160 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Hold in a warm oven (100 degrees) while making the sauce.
To prepare the sauce
- Add the garlic and butter to the saute pan that you used for the chops.
- Sauté over medium heat for only a minute or less to soften the garlic. (Do NOT let it brown)
- Add the wine and Dijon mustard and honey.
- Simmer to reduce until the sauce begins to thicken slightly.
- Reduce heat and add the butter.
- Reduce heat and stir constantly to slowly melt the butter.
- As soon as the butter is melted remove the sauce from the heat and serve immediately over the seared pork chops.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size1 g
Amount Per Serving Calories 329Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 130mgSodium 290mgCarbohydrates 4gSugar 3gProtein 34g
Saturday 23rd of November 2019
I made this tonight for supper and it was very tasty and easy to make. Definitely a keeper!