Party Pizza Puffs. Quick & easy finger food for the Holiday party season, made with Grimm’s Fine Foods Pizza Pack and store bought frozen puff pastry.
Rock Recipes is pleased to partner with Grimm’s Fine Foods for this sponsored recipe post. Compensation and product were provided by the sponsor for this post, as well as providing a donation of $500 of Grimm’s products to our local food bank, and our giveaway prize (now ended).
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is upon us and with that comes all those christmas parties. Whether you are taking along a little something to a pot-luck or hosting yourself, these tempting little bites are sure to disappear quickly.
At this time of year, it is also important to remember those in need. That’s why I was so pleased to be asked by Grimm’s Fine Foods to help spread the word about their #GrimmsGivesBack Christma
Our family always makes donations to local food banks in the months lead up to the Holidays, so I am even more pleased this year that Grimm’s will be making a generous donation of $500 worth of their products to our local food bank, the Bridges to Hope Food Aid Centre. We will be following that up with a cash donation from Rock Recipes as well to do our part in fighting hunger.
For more information on the high quality products from Grimm’s Fine Foods, please visit them online here.
If you like these sorts of recipes, be sure to browse through this collection of 45 Great Party Food Ideas. Our best hors d’oeuvres, finger foods and delicious nibbles to make every occasion from Super Bowl Game Day to a Holiday season party the tastiest of the year.
Like this Party Pizza Puffs recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Party Pizza Puffs. Quick & easy finger food for the Holiday party season, made with Grimm's Fine Foods Pizza Pack and store bought frozen puff pastry.
For the Tomato Compote
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional for spicy heat)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
For the Pizza Puffs
- 1 Grimm’s Fine Foods Pizza Pack
- 1 pound package of frozen puff pastry, 2 sheets, thawed.
- 8 ounces part skim mozarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
To prepare the Tomato Compote
- In a small saucepan over medium heat. add the olive oil and sauté for only a minute to soften the garlic but not brown it.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients for the tomato compote to the saucepan.
- Slowly simmer for about half an hour, stirring occasionally or until the sauce reduces to a nice thick consistency for dipping.
To prepare the pizza puffs.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Ensuring the puff pastry remains cool is important so work quickly or only have the pastry for a few puffs out of the fridge at a time.
- Roll each sheet of pastry to about 12 inches square. Trim any edges so that they are straight.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 9 square pieces.
- Whisk together the egg and water to make an egg wash and brush the edges of all 18 squares of pastry.
- Cut small chunks of mozzarella about 3/4 of n inch long and about 1/2 an inch wide.
- Wrap the piece of mozzarella in a slice of one of the choices in the pizza pack.
- Place the wrapped piece of cheese, just off centre, on a piece of the egg washed pastry.
- Press down the edges of the pastry with the tops of your fingers to seal. Dipping your finger tips in flour helps keep them from sticking to the pastry.
- Place the sealed pastries onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with the tomato compote as a dip.
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 26mgSodium 435mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.