Muffles. Waffles made from muffin batter. This strawberry version is delicious but it will work with other berries or chopped stone fruits as well.
What are strawberry muffles? A muffle is a waffle made from muffin batter, of course. I’ve heard of the idea before but had never tried it until last weekend when baking up a batch of strawberry muffins for brunch.
Just as an experiment, I took half the muffin batter and made these delicious waffles from it. It was a very successful and tasty experiment indeed.
Maybe I got lucky with this particular muffin batter but the waffles were crispy with a soft, tender center and plenty of juicy strawberry chunks. Delicious.
I’ll be trying other muffin recipes in the future to see if they work just as well. Blueberry should be amazing!
Love a great muffin recipe? We’ve put together a collection of our Top 25 Fan Favourite Muffin Recipes. You may be surprised to see which delicious, wholesome muffin hit the #1 spot!
Like this Strawberry Muffles recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Muffles are waffles made from muffin batter. This strawberry version is delicious but it will work with other berries or chopped stone fruits as well.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract. Beat well after each addition of egg.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Always begin and end with an addition of dry ingredients. As a general rule, add the flour mixture in 3 divisions and the milk in two.
- To ensure each muffle gets an even distribution of strawberries, I add them to each indiviadual one while cooking. The 1 1/2 cup measurement is approximate. You may use less if you prefer.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- My waffle iron takes about 1/3 cup batter per waffle. I spread half of that mount in the waffle iron, sprinkle on several of the strawberry chunks, then top with the second half of the batter before closing the lid and fully cooking the waffle for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Serving Size1 muffle
Amount Per Serving Calories 270Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 64mgSodium 198mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 5g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.