Triple Ginger Gingerbread Cake. With 3 different ginger ingredients, this could be the gingeriest gingerbread ever!
Since we first published this triple ginger version of gingerbread cake almost 12 years ago, it has become our standard recipe. Also, it’s one we regularly enjoy at the Holidays.
Warm gingerbread cake on Christmas Eve with warm custard or a Rum & Butter Sauce is just heavenly.
I also love it with just a dollop of thick cream or clotted cream as shown above. Whipped cream is not at all bad either!
I made this as a treat for Spouse. Gingerbread is her favorite cake and with 3 different kinds of ginger in the recipe, this one is particularly nice.
Like most gingerbread recipes this one is even better the day after it is baked. But, considering how delicious it is warm out of the oven, that experience may be limited to only the most disciplined. 😉
Love homemade cakes from scratch? We’ve put together a collection of the 25 Most Baked Cakes of the last 12 years on Rock Recipes. You are sure to find several to love.
Originally published February 22, 2008
Like this Triple Ginger Gingerbread Cake recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Triple Ginger Gingerbread Cake. With 3 different ginger ingredients, this could be the gingeriest gingerbread ever! Perfect for the Holidays too!
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp powdered ginger
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup molasses
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger root
- 2 beaten eggs
- Dissolve 2 teaspoons baking soda in 1 cup boiling water and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and powdered ginger
- Cream together the bitter, molasses and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add all at once, the dry ingredients, the baking soda and water mixture, the candied ginger and fresh grated ginger
- Mix until the dry ingredients are just incorporated then beat in the eggs.
- Mix for an additional minute until smooth then pour into a 10 inch springform pan that has been greased, lined with parchment paper on the bottom and floured. A 9x13 baking pan can also be used.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 39mgSodium 321mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 3g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.