Baked Honey Lemon Glazed Wings. Everyone loves crispy sticky wings and everyone loves lemon chicken. Why not combine them both in one incredible wing recipe?
Originally published June, 2010.
I served these delicious baked honey lemon glazed wings last night at supper and everyone loved them. They are really simple to make and are baked and not fried, although you could easily deep fry them instead if you prefer.
These are dredged in a seasoned flour before baking which really helps the glaze to stick to the wings. It’s a real finger lickin’ recipe for sure.
Baked Honey Lemon Glazed Wings might sound a bit odd at first as a chicken wing flavour but just think about it.
I just took the two ideas and combined them into one delicious idea. We like to serve them for dinner with our Crispy Baked Wedge Fries on the side.
Great for get-togethers too.
We have since served these wings many times to friends who come over for celebrations that often involve what we call “Sips and Nibbles”. That’s a combination of finger foods that we serve with drinks.
They have always been a big hit with all of our friends. Try them at your next party.
If you are a huge fan of great chicken wing recipes, like me, be sure to check out this delicious collection of 20 Fantastic Chicken Wing Recipes.
Like this Baked Honey Lemon Glazed Wings recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Baked Honey Lemon Glazed Wings - everyone loves crispy sticky wings and everyone loves lemon chicken. Why not combine them both in one incredible wing recipe?
- 3 lbs chicken wings, cleaned and cut in two pieces with the tips removed
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
For the Honey Lemon Glaze
- 1 small finely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- finely chopped zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Season the wings with salt and pepper.
- Sift together the flour, pepper, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Dredge the cleaned and trimmed wings in the seasoned flour.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil (for easier clean up later) You can lightly oil or stay the aluminum foil with canola oil to prevent sticking.
- Bake the wings at 375 degrees F for about 40 minutes (depending on size), turning them over half way through the cooking time.
To prepare the Honey Lemon Glaze
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and chopped shallot.
- Sauté the finely chopped shallot in the olive oil for a minute to soften the it, then add the honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Simmer together slowly for about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken wings into a large bowl and pour the hot glaze over the wings.
- Toss well to cover all of the wings in glaze. Garnish with grated lemon zest and chives if desired.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 464Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 94mgSodium 673mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 24g