Carrot Cake Cookies. Soft and chewy carrot cake cookies that are delicious all on their own but even better sandwiched together with classic cream cheese frosting.
I know for certain that there are a lot of carrot cake lovers out there. If you love the classic cake as much as I do, these carrot cake cookies have your names on them.
Our Pineapple Pecan Carrot Cake has consistently been one of the most searched recipes since it was first posted on Rock Recipes.
With that inspiration in mind I set out to create a cookie version and I have to say the effort was a great success. These are delicious all on their own but even better when sandwiched with some cream cheese frosting.
Like this Carrot Cake Cookies recipe?
Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookies and cookie bar recipe is in our expansive Cookies Category. If you’d like even more sweet ideas browse our Cakes & Pies Category and find even more in our Desserts Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
If you like this you may also want to try our Carrot Cake Cookie Bars:
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when new recipes are added. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Carrot Cake Cookies - Soft and chewy carrot cake cookies that are delicious all on their own but even better sandwiched together with classic cream cheese frosting. Serves: About 1 dozen sandwich cookies.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup pecans, lightly toasted and chopped
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2¼ cups icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray one cookie sheet with spray oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture to the sweetened butter. Mix only enough to incorporate flour. Do not over mix. Fold in the carrots, raisins and pecans.
- Form cookies by dropping a heaping teaspoon of dough on the prepared cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake until light brown around the edges, about 12-15 minutes, depending on cookie size.
- Over baking is the biggest problem with most chewy cookies. Your oven temperature and the type of cookie sheet you use will vary the baking times considerably. When they are golden brown around the edges is the time to remove them from the oven.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool thoroughly. Sandwich together with Cream Cheese Frosting if desired.
To make the cream cheese frosting
- Simple beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract and icing sugar together until well combined and smooth.
- This should be a particularly thick version of cream cheese frosting but of you have trouble getting the frosting to a spreadable consistency just add a few drops pf milk at a time and beat until the right consistency is achieved.
Amount Per Serving Calories 353 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 46mg Sodium 254mg Carbohydrates 54g Fiber 1g Sugar 41g Protein 3g