Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. A luscious two layered cheesecake inspired by Terry’s Chocolate Orange. It’s been popular in my family and on my blog for many years.
I adapted this chocolate orange cheesecake recipe about 15 years ago around the Holidays. Santa, in his regular generosity, inspired me by leaving that familiar favourite, a Terry’s Chocolate Orange, in the toe of my Christmas sock.
Since then, this recipe has proven to be the most popular of the many cheesecakes in my repertoire. Probably because of the great popularity of Terry’s Chocolate Orange in the U.K., the Brits who have sampled this chocolate orange cheesecake have gone mad for it too.
It has made many the repeat appearance at the annual family Christmas feast. More recently, I was called upon to provide something to be raffled off at a fundraiser tonight and thought this might catch the eye of ticket buyers.
Love great cheesecake?
If you liked this delicious cheesecake recipe, you’ll want to check out our decadent Turtle Cheesecake.
Like this Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Recipe?
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out out entire Desserts Category where you’ll find many many more delicious dessert ideas.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when new recipes are added. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake - a luscious two layered cheesecake inspired by Terry's Chocolate Orange. It's been popular in my family and on my blog for many years.
- 1 ½ cups Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ pounds cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 ½ squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted (In a pinch you can substitute 1/2 cup cocoa but add another ¼ cup whipping cream to this half of the mixture.)
- Zest of one large orange, finely grated
For the ganache glaze
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Lightly grease the bottom but not the sides of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan. Line the bottom with a sheet of parchment paper for easy release from the pan later, once the cheesecake has cooled.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs, melted butter and 3 tbsp sugar and press into pan.
- Cream together the cream cheese and 1 ¼ cups sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and whipping cream and blend until smooth.
- then divide mixture into 2 equal portions in separate bowls..
- To the first half of the mixture, stir in the melted chocolate (or cocoa and additional cream)
- Pour into bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- To the second half of the mixture, stir in the finely grated and chopped zest 1 large orange. Carefully spoon this mixture over the top of the chocolate mixture already in the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 60 minutes or until the surface of the cake no longer looks glossy. Remove from oven and immediately run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to release the cake. Cool completely in the pan. Top with the Ganache glaze.
- To make the ganache glaze, in a heavy bottomed pot, scald but do not boil the 1/4 cup whipping cream, then melt in the chocolate chips over low heat.
- Pour over cooled cake or to create Ganache lace, cool slightly and spoon into piping bag fitted with a number 3 tip. Pipe over the entire cake in a circular, overlapping swirling pattern, repeating coverage all over the cake until all Ganache glaze is used. Garnish with orange segments, orange zest curls or orange slices.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Amount Per Serving Calories 458Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 110mgSodium 217mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 2gSugar 30gProtein 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.