Creamy Garlic Scallop Spaghetti with Bacon. Updated to add recipe video! Ready in well under 30 minutes, this in one quick & easy meal that’s sure to impress. It easily adapts to serve just two as well, making it an ideal choice for a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day or at any time of the year you want to pamper your sweetheart.
As we get ready to usher in February, I begin to get messages from folks who are looking for easy ways to cook a special dinner at home for their sweetheart.
My suggestions for those occasions usually fall into 2 categories. Those are slow cooked dishes that are ready to serve from the oven, or quick and easy which can take only a few minutes on the kitchen to prepare.
This recipe definitely comes under the quick and easy category but delivers great flavour in minimum time. The key here of course is preparation, which speeds up the process even more.
Prepping the Creamy Garlic Scallop Spaghetti with Bacon.
A great idea for this recipe is to prepare everything you need in advance. You can then spend as little as 15 minutes to get this delicious dish on the table.
Precook the bacon, chop the garlic and have a pot of salted water on the stove ready to boil for the pasta. Basically, do anything you can think of that can be done in advance.
One great tip is to prep all the ingredients individually, place them in small dessert dishes or ramekins. Place all of them on a tray which gets completely covered with plastic wrap and placed in the fridge.
When the time comes to do the actual cooking, you won’t be searching around the fridge for ingredients. You’ll just pull out the tray, pull off the plastic and set to work.
Think of it like preparing for a cooking show. Most of the time the reason that the cooking looks so easy on these shows and also goes so flawlessly, is because everything the chef needs is at hand.
This is a great habit to get into no matter what you are cooking.However, when time is of the essence, it’s even more important, especially when romance awaits.
If you liked this recipe you may also want to try this Seafood Shells and Cheese recipe:
Like this Creamy Garlic Scallop Spaghetti recipe?
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Creamy Garlic Scallop Spaghetti with Bacon - ready in well under 30 minutes, this in one quick & easy meal that's sure to impress. It easily adapts to serve just two as well, making it an ideal choice for a romantic dinner for Valentine's Day or at any time of the year you want to pamper your sweetheart.
- ¾ pound dry spaghetti
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 pound medium sized scallops
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup low sodium seafood stock, or chicken stock
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 2 large tomatoes, center pulp removed and diced small.
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the dry spaghetti to al dente in salted water and drain.
- Crisp cook the bacon in a large sauté pan and roughly chop it. Set aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper and pan sear them in the bacon fat for only about 1½ to 2 minutes per side and set aside with the bacon.
- Drain the bacon fat from the pan and add the olive oil and garlic; cook for only a minute to slightly soften the garlic.
- Add the white wine and seafood stock and simmer quickly for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced by about ⅓. Add the cream and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed, then add the bacon, tomatoes and the scallops to the sauce. Simmer for only a minute or two to warm the scallops through before adding the cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss together the pasta and sauce very well before serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Amount Per Serving Calories 992 Saturated Fat 27g Cholesterol 175mg Sodium 1019mg Carbohydrates 75g Fiber 3g Sugar 4g Protein 36g
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.