Easy Chocolate Coconut Balls. A no-bake cookie treat that’s like a coconut candy bar. A popular Holiday treat too!
Originally published Dec 2012.
These easy chocolate coconut balls are a coconut and chocolate lovers dream. Sweetened condensed milk makes for a moist coconut centre you’ll love.
Here’s one for Nancy, my friend who, by her own confession, needs “a coconut intervention.” What’s better to add to a coconut lovers confection than chocolate?!
And these cookies are oh so easy to make. Just use a few simple ingredients to make these wonderfully soft centred coconut wonders.
Freezing the soft coconut centres makes it super easy to dip them in the chocolate too.
The only problem after that is waiting the hour or so for the centre to that and the chocolate to set! These are always on my Holiday treat list particularly because they freeze so well.
Need more Christmas cookie recipes?
If you liked this recipe you many want to check out this great collection of No Bake Cookies that was incredibly popular during our last Holiday season.
Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookie and cookie bar recipes is in our expansive Cookies Category.
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
These easy chocolate coconut balls are a coconut and chocolate lovers dream. Sweetened condensed milk makes for a moist coconut center you'll love.
For the coconut filling
- 2 cups icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1 300 ml can sweetened condensed milk, This is the 14oz size in the US.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups fine unsweetened dried coconut
For the chocolate coating
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter
To make the coconut filling
- Mix together the icing sugar, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract ans dried coconut.
- Chill and roll into one inch balls.
- Place the balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze completely.
To make the chocolate coating
- In a double boiler, melt together the chocolate chips and butter.
- I use two forks to dip the coconut balls, one at a time. After rolling in the chocolate, I lift the dipped chocolate ball and let the excess chocolate drip off before placing them back onto the sheet to let the chocolate set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- These freeze well too.
Tip: I keep the melted chocolate in the double boiler or in a bowl sitting in boiling water. This helps keep the chocolate from setting during the dipping time and makes the dipping easier.
Serving Size1 cookie ball
Amount Per Serving Calories 246Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 5mgSodium 42mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 29gProtein 2g