Ginger Raisin Cake Bars are so easy to make, so moist and so warmly spiced, with just a skim of sweet vanilla glaze.
Here’s a very moist and delicious recipe for a Ginger Raisin Cake Bars that we love at our house. This makes a terrific dessert served warm with a little butterscotch or caramel sauce or as a glazed cake.
During the holidays we also cut this scrumptious cake into little squares or bars to add to the assorted cookie trays we offer to friends and family who drop by.
Spouse loves her gingerbread and she heartily endorses this simple version.
Plenty of cookie ideas here.
For dozens of other cookie ideas, check out this growing collection of recipes on our dedicated Cookie Category. There are over 150 great drop cookies, cutout cookies and cookie bars there now.
If you liked this recipe you many want to check out this great collection of No Bake Cookies that was incredibly popular during our last Holiday season.
Like this Ginger Raisin Cake Bars recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
A simple but simply delicious little ginger snack cake with plump rasisins and a sweet vanilla glaze.
For the cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp fresh, finely grated ginger root
- 2/3 cup raisins
For the vanilla glaze
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
To prepare the cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 baking pan, or preferably, lightly grease and line with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and molasses.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in 1/2 cup milk.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, grated nutmeg, powdered ginger and cinnamon.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- When the flour is almost incorporated fold in the finely grated ginger root and raisins. Do not over mix the batter or your cake will be tough.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Watch it carefully, you don't want to over bake this cake.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting with vanilla frosting glaze.
For the vanilla glaze
- Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spread on the cooled cake and garnish with fresh grated nutmeg or chopped toasted nuts if desired.
Serving Size24 as cookie bars.
Amount Per Serving Calories 173Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 22mgSodium 57mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 2g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.