Grilled Corn Salad with Apples, Lemon & Chives. A new summer staple side dish that’s perfect for barbecues and picnics. Sweet corn will never be the same.
Grilled corn is a bit of a summer staple at our house. My son in particular loves it and will even eat leftover grilled corn on the cob out of the fridge so we don’t often get to make this salad with leftover grilled corn but it is a great way to use up some if you have it.
It is a delicious side dish addition to any grilled dinner this season. I make my own mayo for this recipe but you could easily use store bought and add the lemon zest and chives to that.
Don’t be intimidated if you have never made homemade mayonnaise before; it is easier than you think.
If you’d like more ideas for BBQ side dishes check out this very popular post with 26 Best Barbecue Side Dishes.
Like this Grilled Corn Salad recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Grilled Corn Salad with Apples, Lemon & Chives, a new summer staple side dish that's perfect for barbecues and picnics. Sweet corn will never be the same.
For the Mayonnaise
- 2 large or extra large egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- Zest of ½ lemon finely chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- pinch of salt
For the Salad
- 4 - 6 large ears grilled corn, removed from the cob
- 2 large granny smith apples chopped
- ¼ cup finely diced red pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion
- ½ to ¾ cup lemon chive mayo, or to taste
- salt and pepper to season
- Prepare your mayonnaise first.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the egg yolks, salt , sugar, cayenne pepper and lemon zest.until thick and pale in colour.
- Add oil alternately with lemon juice in three parts, adding the oil very slowly in a thin stream.
- This will produce a thick mayonnaise. Fold in the two tablespoons chopped chives.
- Toss together the corn, apples, red pepper and green onion,
- Add about 3/4 cup of the lemon chive mayo to the rest of the salad ingredients and toss together well. Use more or less of the mayo to taste.
- Chill the salad for an hour or two before serving.
- Note: If using prepared mayo, use about 3/4 cup and add 1 tbsp chopped chives and 1 tsp finely chopped lemon zest. You can also add a squeeze of lemon juice of you like.
Note: If using prepared mayo, use about 3/4 cup and add 1 tbsp chopped chives and 1 tsp finely chopped lemon zest. You can also add a squeeze of lemon juice of you like.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size1 g
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 65mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 1g