Lime Bundt Cake. An old fashioned bundt cake with the bright citrus flavour of limes baked right in. Delicious with raspberry compote and whipped cream.
Lime Bundt Cake – An old fashioned bundt cake with the bright citrus flavour of limes baked right in. Delicious with raspberry compote and whipped cream.
The bundt cake is easy to make and can be made as an orange or lemon cake as well.
I often make this citrus flavoured cake in a lemon version during the summer months and serve it with berries or seasonal fruit salad and whipped cream. It’s an ideal no-fuss dessert for outdoor cookouts and barbecue get-togethers.
Love homemade cakes from scratch?
We’ve put together a collection of the 25 Most Baked Cakes of the last 12 years on Rock Recipes. You are sure to find several to love.
Like this Lime Bundt Cake recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
An old fashioned bundt cake with the bright citrus flavour of limes baked right in. Delicious with raspberry compote and whipped cream.
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 3 limes, , finely minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup undiluted evaporated milk
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and lime zest well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, cake flour and baking powder.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, alternately with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. I normally add the dry ingredients in 3 portions and the milk in 2 portions.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes at 325 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking times vary depending upon the size of your bundt pan so the toothpick test is the best method to ensure that the cake is completely baked.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 82mgSodium 208mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 35gProtein 3g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.