Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins. High in fibre too! A very easy to make recipe for moist, delicious breakfast muffins that uses a minimum of vegetable oil and sugar, although you’ll never miss it.
Updated April 8 2018 to include a video of this recipe that shows just how quick and super easy these muffins are to make!
Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins are a great weekend brunch baking idea that also makes a terrific alternative to the Monday morning quick granola bar breakfast if you have some left over. I think these are best served warm as a wholesome quick breakfast.
These dense hearty muffins are very satisfying with very little added sugar or oil. The mashed bananas and grated apple keep these muffins particularly moist and a few seconds in the microwave to warm them make them just as good the next day.
Like this Oatmeal Apple Banana Low fat Muffins recipe?
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins - A very easy to make recipe for moist, delicious breakfast muffins that uses a minimum of vegetable oil and sugar, although you'll never miss it.
- 1½ cups large rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, ( 60%. You can use all-purpose flour if you prefer)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup grated unpeeled apple, (approximately one large apple)
- Mix together the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat together the eggs. oil and sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in the milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and when the flour is almost incorporated fold in the mashed banana and grated apple.
- Do not over mix. Fold in only until the fruit is mixed through the batter.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Best served warm.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Amount Per Serving Calories 215Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 32mgSodium 239mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 5g
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.