Parmesan Panko Crusted Rack of Lamb with Country Croutons and Rosemary Dijon Dressing; a delicious Easter or Valentines Day dinner for two or an indulgent celebratory dinner party recipe.
Lamb is a bit of a treat for me because I’m the only one in our family who likes it… or so it seemed. I made the others in the house taste this particular recipe and they all liked it!
Spouse did try the end piece because she’s not a fan of medium rare meat and even she surprised me by declaring it delicious.
Everyone then tried to steal my crispy croutons drizzled in Rosemary Dijon Dressing. They were amazingly delicious with the juicy lamb.
I’ll be trying that idea again with other meat choices. I think it would be amazing with steak too.
And the next time I have lamb, I’m making it for the whole family! It’s time they learned to appreciate slowly braised lamb shanks too.
Parmesan Panko Crusted Rack of Lamb would make the ideal Easter dinner for two as well. Or possibly as an impressive, elegant main course at a small, celebratory dinner party.
Originally published April 2013. Updated May 2020.
For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our 25 Most Popular Recipes since Rock Recipes began back in 2007.
Like this Parmesan Panko Crusted Rack of Lamb recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Parmesan Panko Crusted Rack of Lamb with Country Croutons and Rosemary Dijon Dressing; an indulgent celebratory meal or a delicious romantic dinner for two.
- 1 large rack of lamb, at least 8 ribs
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
For the Country Croutons
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup beef, veal or chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
For the Rosemary Dijon Dressing
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 anchovie fillets, or 1 tbsp anchovie paste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
To prepare the lamb
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and brush on the dijon mustard.
- Toss together the panko, parmesan and rosemary and roll the lamb rack in the mixture, pressing it onto the meat to get good contact.
- Roast, bone side down at 425 F for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350 F and roast for about 15-25 minutes longer until the internal temperature reaches 130 F for rare, 140 F for medium rare or 160 for well done.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven before carving and serving with the Country Croutons and Rosemary Dijon Dressing.
To prepare the Country Croutons
- Bread that is a couple of days old is best for this purpose. Pour the milk over the bread, toss and drain off the excess milk, if any.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a large saute pan over medium heat. The pan should be big enough to accommodate the bread cubes in a single layer. Add the garlic and saute for only a minute before adding the soaked bread cubes. Add the rosemary salt and pepper and toss well, before spreading the cubes out in a single layer.
- Pour the stock into the pan and let it boil off, leaving the cubes to brown on one side before turning them several times as they brown and get crispy.
To prepare the Rosemary Dijon Dressing
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender at low speed for about 30 seconds. Drizzle over the croutons and rack of lamb.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 1017Total Fat 88gSaturated Fat 27gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 147mgSodium 1441mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 34g