Chewy Chocolate Pecan Almond Bars. These easy chocolate pecan almond bars are some pretty special cookies. It’s like a nutty candy bar on top of a buttery shortbread base.
These cookies have crunchy nuts and chocolate on a butter shortbread base. It’s a recipe that you will surely make over and over again.
This simple recipe is very easy to make but very decadent too. It reminds me of a perfect nutty chocolate bar on a shortbread cookie.
I’ve made these bars quite a few times and sometimes substitute other nuts in the recipe too. Practically any nuts will work. Just choose your favourite nuts to make your own version.
These cookies also freeze very well and are another highly recommended recipe for the Holiday freezer. They will most likely be in mine this year!
If you liked this recipe you many want to check out this great collection of No Bake Cookies that was incredibly popular during our last Holiday season.
You might also like our recipe for Chocolate Walnut Butter Tart Bars:
Like this Chewy Chocolate Pecan Almond Bars recipe?
Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookie and cookie bar recipes is in our expansive Cookies Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
This simple recipe is very easy to make but very decadent. It reminds me of a perfect nutty chocolate bar on a shortbread cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup almonds
For the shortbread base
- Process in a food processor until the mixture is crumbly (or quickly rub the butter through the flour and brown sugar using your hands).
- Press into the bottom of a parchment lined or lightly greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
For the top layer
- Whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract until the brown sugar is totally dissolved. Pinch the mixture between your fingers to make sure you can't feel any sugar granules.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips and pour onto the prepared crust.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
Serving Size1 cookie bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 19mgSodium 36mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 2g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.