Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cheese Cupcakes. Moist, tender vanilla cupcakes filled with raspberry compote and topped with rich, luscious cream cheese frosting.
I don’t really make a lot of cupcakes but I’m beginning to warm to the idea of filled cupcakes and these Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cheese Cupcakes would change anyone’s mind.
With some leftover raspberry compote and a little leftover cream cheese frosting in the fridge too, I decided to combine two of my favourite dessert components into these sinfully delicious little treats.
The vanilla cake recipe is very good but be sure to use real butter in the recipe and watch them closely so they don’t over bake.
Because they are so small, over baking cupcakes happens very quickly and easily. So, be sure to get them out of the oven the minute they are fully baked.
If you liked these Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cheese Cupcakes, why not check out our entire section of Cakes, Cupcakes, Pies and Tarts. You’ll find dozens of great baking ideas there.
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out this delicious Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe too.
Like this Raspberry Vanilla Cream Cheese Cupcakes recipe?
You’ll find hundreds of other sweet ideas in our Cakes & Pies Category and even more in our Desserts Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
One of our most popular recipes, these raspberry vanilla cream cheese cupcakes are moist & delicious with a tart filling and luscious cream cheese frosting.
For the Cupcake Batter
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
For the Raspberry Compote
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 ounce water
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a little milk
To prepare the cupcake batter
- Sift together the flours, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients in three equal portions, alternately with the milk.
- When adding dry and wet ingredients alternately in any baking recipe, always begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter evenly into paper lined muffin pans.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Watch them carefully, you will not want to over bake these cupcakes, as soon as the toothpick comes out clean, remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack once you have removed them from the pan.
To prepare the Raspberry Compote
- Slowly simmer the berries and sugar over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the water and slowly pour into the boiling berries stirring constantly until thickened. Cool completely to room temperature.
To prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Blend together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and butter, then slowly add the icing sugar adding a little milk (a tablespoon or two) with it until all the icing sugar is used and the icing is a smooth, creamy, spreadable consistency. Use only enough milk to get it to this point.
To fill and frost the cupcakes
- When the cupcakes are completely cool fill them with Raspberry Compote. Using a piping bag with a large star or a large round piping tip, fill the center of the cupcakes from the top pushing the tip to the middle of the cupcake and squeezing as you retract the tip. Do not overfill.
- Pipe or spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cupcakes after they are filled.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size18 cupcakes, aproximately
Amount Per Serving Calories 480Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 94mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 2gSugar 54gProtein 5g