Easy Honey Dijon Pasta Salad – a great lunch item, side dish, pot luck addition or picnic take along recipe.
This honey dijon pasta salad was inspired by leftovers from the weekly Sunday roast dinner which often provide sliced roast beef, ham or turkey to serve for lunch or even a quick dinner on a busy Monday at our house. Mondays are sometimes a bit of a food free for all around here. With the scattered timing all the after school and early evening activities the kids are involved in a sit down hot meal is not always possible. That’s when a quickly put together pasta salad is most appreciated as fuel-to-go.
I did manage to make some delicious oven fried BBQ spice chicken on this occasion. Fried chicken and pasta salad often remind me of picnic food. With the weather as cold as it has been this week, reminders of summer picnics are pretty welcome too.
- 3 cups cooked pasta, (i.e. fusilli, penne, rotini...)
- ½ cup finely diced red pepper
- ½ cup deseeded cucumber, diced small
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour over the other ingredients and toss together well.
- Chill well.
- Keeps a couple of days in the fridge.