|Low Fat Chipotle Ranch Dip or Salad Dressing|
Low Fat Chipotle Ranch Dip …or Salad Dressing
This amazingly flavorful low fat ranch dip is perfect for veggies, whole grain pita chips, or anything else you can think of dipping into it. This is a low fat yogurt based dip but you can use low fat or fat free sour cream if you like. I drain the yogurt overnight to get it extra thick; when it comes to dips I say thicker is better because it is easier to scoop up and far less likely to land in your lap or on your shirt at a party. I strain my yogurt by lining a colander with coffee filters and then pour in the yogurt. Place the colander over a bowl so that there is ample space between the bottom of the colander and the bottom of the bowl. Let the yogurt drain for several hours or overnight in the fridge. We also love, love, love this dip with our amazing Deep Fried Pickles!
- 2 cups drained Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, very well minced
- 2 tbsp basil, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp chipotle powder (more or less to taste)
- Whisk together well until all the ingredients are well combined. The dip can be used immediately but is always better after it sits for an hour or so in the fridge or even overnight. You can thin this dip with a little buttermilk if you think it is too thick.
- To turn this dip into an amazing low fat salad dressing, just stir in some buttermilk, a little at a time to get it to the consistency you like.