Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts stuffed with Roasted Red Pepper and Mozzarella – a delicious choice for a romantic dinner for two or perfect for a prepare ahead of time main course to pop into the oven when your guests arrive for a dinner party.
This year’s main course for our Valentine’s Day Dinner is this succulent stuffed, prosciutto wrapped chicken breast. It is quite simple to put together and goes deliciously well with the easy to prepare olive tapenade. If olives are not your thing you could very easily serve it with some of our Spicy Tomato Compote and pasta.
This recipe is also perfect for a prepare ahead of time main course to pop into the oven when your guests arrive for a dinner party.
Like this prosciutto wrapped chicken recipe? We have over 200 other great chicken recipes on Rock Recipes.
- 4 extra largeboneless skinless chicken breasts, (butterfly cut or pounded to ¼ inch thickness)
- 2 smallroasted red peppers
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in 4 sticks
- 6- 8 ouncesthinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cupkalamata olives, pitted
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp capers
- pinch black pepper
- pinch brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place chicken pieces on a cutting board and pound to ¼ inch thickness.
- Wrap each stick of mozzarella with half a roasted red pepper and place in the center of each chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breast around the red pepper.
- Wrap the chicken breast entirely in thin slices of prosciutto.
- Place the prepared breasts, fold side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour or until the internal temperature of the breasts reaches 175-185 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Let the meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve with olive tapenade (or Spicy Tomato Compote)
- For the tapenade, simply pulse together all the ingredients in a food processor until well blended but not completely smooth.