Apricot Almond Jammie Dodgers. A tasty twist on a homemade version of the United Kingdom’s favourite cookie. Ground almonds in the cookie dough pair perfectly with the sweet apricot jam. However, if apricot’s not your favourite flavour, any good quality jam can be substituted.
Originally published Nov 2013.
If you are looking for a perfect cookie to enjoy with a calming cup of tea, this may be the best choice yet.
I’ve added finely ground almonds and almond extract to the buttery cookie dough from our original version of Homemade Jammie Dodgers. This new versions adds an extra flavour dimension to these delicious cookies.
Regular readers of Rock Recipes will undoubtedly know that I have a particular fondness for all things apricot. Plus, the almond flavour of these cookies is particularly delicious with apricot jam.
Truthfully though, you could substitute any favourite high quality or homemade jam in this recipe. Raspberry, blackberry and plum are all excellent choices.
Using Christmas cookie cutters is an easy way to add a festive touch to these cookies for the Holidays.
Looking for more fantastic Christmas cookie ideas?
If you liked this recipe you many want to check out this great collection of No Bake Cookies that was incredibly popular during our last Holiday season.
Like this Apricot Almond Jammie Dodgers recipe?
Be sure to browse the photo index of over 200 cookie and cookie bar recipes is in our expansive Cookies Category.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
A tasty twist on a homemade version of the United Kingdom's favorite cookie. Ground almonds in the cookie dough pair perfectly with the sweet apricot jam but if apricot's not your favorite flavor, any good quality jam can be substituted.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup icing sugar, powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp cold butter, cut in cubes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- 12-14 rounded tsp homemade or good quality apricot jam
- Sift together the flour, icing sugar, salt and ground almonds. Set aside.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingers until it is well incorporated and the mixture becomes crumbly, like a coarse meal.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add to the crumbly dry mixture and mix in until a soft dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least a half hour. Roll the dough out between two pieces of lightly floured parchment paper to about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Cut out cookies using a 3 inch cutter and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cut circles or hearts or whatever shape you like out of the centers of half of the cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 - 20 minutes, just until they start to brown slightly at the bottom edges but are still very pale.
- Remove from the oven and spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of apricot jam (or your favorite jam) onto the middle of the bottom halves of the cookies and spread out only slightly to about 3/4 of an inch from the edge of the cookie. Carefully lay the top halves of the cookies onto the jam and press down lightly.
- Return to the oven for an additional 5 to 6 minutes. This will heat up the jam to a point where it will stick the two cookie halves together.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 283Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 74mgSodium 136mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 4g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.