Creamy Parmesan Bacon Potatoes. Inspired by an incredible steak house side dish, these parmesan potatoes are absolutely indulgent and irresistible. Hash brown potatoes get tossed with crisp cooked bacon and a creamy Parmesan sauce.
Originally published Sept. 2010.
These Creamy Bacon Parmesan Potatoes came about after my family returned last week from a week long western Caribbean cruise. We sailed on Royal Caribbean’s amazing ship, Freedom of the Seas.
While on board, we visited both of the fine dining restaurants available at a reasonable surcharge to passengers.
Chops Grille is a great steakhouse but we were more impressed with the side dishes that came with the steaks. One such side dish was Parmesan and Prosciutto Potatoes which inspired today’s recipe.
These are possibly the most indulgent potatoes I have ever eaten. They combine crispy hash browns with crisp cooked bacon, all tossed in a creamy Parmesan sauce.
This is another of my “best guess” sort of recipes where I attempt to replicate something I’ve eaten at a restaurant. I’ve fried the potatoes here but you could just as easily roast them tossed in a little garlic oil instead.
Crisp cooked prosciutto could easily be substituted for the crisp bacon if you prefer as well.
This has also proven to be one of the most popular recipes ever on Rock Recipes. It has consistently landed in the Top 20 recipes of all time.
It is, in fact now our most popular side dish of all time as well. I cannot count the number of positive comments and reviews the recipe has had from readers who have tried it and loved it.
Here’s the link to the Garlic Oil mentioned in the recipe.
We have plenty more side dish inspiration! Including everything from baked beans & corn bread to deliciously different potato or pasta salads. Be sure to check them all out in our collection of 35 Best BBQ Side Dishes too.
If you liked this recipe be sure to try one of our top 3 most popular potato side dish recipes ever. This Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe has been seen millions of times on Rock Recipes, Pinterest, Facebook and other social media.
Like this Creamy Parmesan Bacon Potatoes recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Creamy Parmesan Bacon Potatoes - inspired by an incredible steak house side dish, these potatoes are absolutely indulgent and irresistible. Hash brown potatoes get tossed with crisp cooked bacon and a creamy Parmesan sauce.
- 2 1/2 pounds of washed potatoes, skin on, cut in large cubes.
- 1/4 cup garlic olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, not margarine
- salt and pepper to season
- 6-8 slices thick sliced, good quality, smoked bacon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the bacon in small pieces cook until crisp.
- Drain off all the fat and set aside.
- Melt the garlic olive oil and butter together over medium heat in a large, heavy bottomed skillet. When heated, add the potatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook for about 20 minutes turning the potatoes every few minutes. The potatoes should be fully cooked and crispy but not necessarily crispy on all sides, it's perfectly okay if they are a little "rustic".
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and keep warm in the oven as you prepare the sauce.
- Reserve a few tablespoons of the oil and butter in the pan that the potatoes were cooked in. To this add the whipping cream and simmer until the cream is reduced by about half.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Toss together the potatoes and bacon with the Parmesan cream sauce and serve.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Amount Per Serving Calories 560Saturated Fat 20gCholesterol 101mgSodium 406mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gProtein 11g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.