Easy Cherry Peach Turnovers. Use ready made, store bought, puff pastry to quickly put these easy turnovers together for a weekend brunch or even to serve warm with ice cream as a delicious summer dessert.
Originally published Sesp 2011.
Here’s another cleaning out the fridge recipe where I combined “not enough of anything” into something delicious.
I had thawed a package of frozen puff pastry the day before for another recipe. However, plans for dinner changed and I was left having to use it for something else.
Turnovers were my first thought but again did not want to go to the store. There was not enough of a single fruit in the fridge was enough to make the 8 turnovers the pastry would provide.
There were only a couple of small peaches and about a cup of cherries left. Combined though, they added up to sufficient fruit to make a great flavour combination for the filling.
Next time I will make these intentionally because we all really enjoyed this particular fruit combination. For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our 25 Most Popular Recipes since Rock Recipes began back in 2007.
Like this Cherry Peach Turnovers recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Easy Cherry Peach Turnovers - use ready made, store bought, puff pasty to quickly put these easy turnovers together for a weekend brunch or even to serve warm with ice cream as a delicious summer dessert.
For the turnovers
- 1 pound frozen puff pastry, rolled if necessary and cut into 8 4 to 5 inch squares.
- 2 peaches, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water whisked together for eggwash
For the Vanilla Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- few drops milk
- Toss the peaches, cherries, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon together until well combined.
- Whisk the egg and water together to make an eggwash.
- Place puff pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Divide the filling equally among the 8 pastry squares placing it on one side of the dough.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the eggwash. Fold the corners of the pastry together to form triangles, gently pressing the edges together to seal.
- Place pastries in the fridge for 20 minutes before popping the cookie sheet into a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is an even golden brown all over.
- Cool for at least 20 minutes and serve warm with a drizzle of vanilla glaze.
To prepare the Vanilla Glaze
- Whisk together the icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk until smooth and thickened but still able to be poured. Add only enough milk to get the glaze to a proper consistency.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Amount Per Serving Calories 402Saturated Fat 6gCholesterol 20mgSodium 149mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 5g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.