Garlic Balsamic Grilled Lamb Chops. A very simple marinade that pairs very well with the flavour of grilled lamb. Serve with Lemon Herb Roast Potatoes, Lemon Mint Tzatziki and a Greek side salad for an exceptionally delicious meal.
Garlic Balsamic Grilled Lamb Chops. With the grilling season starting up again, I thought I’d share one of my favourite simple marinades that pairs perfectly with beautiful, juicy grilled lamb chops.
My family is slowly coming around to eating more lamb, which is one of my absolute favourite things to grill.
This simple marinade is one of the reasons we are enjoying more lamb nowadays. A couple of hours marinating is enough to infuse great flavour into these chops.
It also works very well with boneless leg of lamb. I marinate it for a a few hours before tying the lamb back into shape with butcher string before open roasting it in the oven.
I sometimes add rosemary to the marinade when cooking it this way: it’s a really delicious way to enjoy roast lamb.
For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our 25 Most Popular Recipes since Rock Recipes began back in 2007.
Like this Garlic Balsamic Grilled Lamb Chops recipe?
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Originally published May 2014, updated May 2019 to add a printable recipe card and nutritional information.
Garlic Balsamic Lamb Chops – a very simple marinade that pairs very well with the flavour of grilled lamb. Serve with Lemon Herb Roast Potatoes, Lemon Mint Tzatziki and a Greek side salad for an exceptionally delicious meal.
- 2 pounds lamb chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar balsamic vinegar
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together.
- Pour over the lamb chops in a large Ziploc bag.
- Marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Take the chops out of the fridge for a half hour or so before grilling to bring them closer to room temperature. This will make it easier to cook to the proper internal temperature without over cooking the outside of the meat.
- Grill over medium high heat or under the broiler. I use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature of the chops, taking them to 145 degrees F for medium rare. Well done is 170 degrees F, so don’t ever go over that internal temperature.
- Let the chops rest under a loose tent of aluminum foil for 5 minutes before serving.
I've successfully used the same marinade on steaks and pork chops. Both were delicious and I added fresh herbs too. Thyme and rosemary both work well.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Amount Per Serving Calories 473Saturated Fat 7gCholesterol 171mgSodium 429mgCarbohydrates 7gSugar 5gProtein 56g