Lemon Tzatziki Potato Salad – a fantastic side dish potato salad that uses low fat yogurt in place of mayonnaise for a tasty Greek inspired flavour twist.
The mission continues to add more side dish recipes and this one is a tasty find indeed. Summer BBQ’s are still in full swing and this would make a delicious addition to the selection of side dishes at your next grilled meal.
It’s also terrific way to use leftover potatoes from Sunday dinner and serve with your leftover roast beef, chicken or pork for Monday lunch or dinner. It’s also a good way to use up any leftover tzatziki from a personal favourite meal of mine, Chicken Souvlaki with Lemon Mint Tzatziki
Since this recipe is made with a yogurt based dressing, as is used in Tzatziki, it is a much healthier option for potato salad. it has far less fat than a mayo based dressing but it in no way sacrifices anything on flavour!
Like this Lemon Tzatziki Potato Salad recipe?
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram Instagram.
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out our new Caesar Potato Salad too!
- 2½ pounds red skinned potatoes, cut in 1 to 1½ inch chunks
- ½ cup strained yogurt
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 3 inch piece of cucumber, de-seeded and diced small
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest, finely minced
- pinch of salt and pepper to season
- crumbled feta cheese
- lemon zest
- Wash the potatoes well and gently boil them in salted water until they are fully cooked. Drain and cool the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- You will need to strain some plain yogurt. I do this in a colander lined with coffee filters suspended over a larger bowl. I often do this overnight to get as much liquid out of the yogurt as possible but a couple of hours should suffice. One cup of plain yogurt should produce about a half cup of strained yogurt.
- Mix together the yogurt, garlic, cucumber, lemon juice, lemon zest salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad gently in the dressing until the potatoes are well coated.
- Chill the salad for at least an hour before serving and if you like, garnish with the crumbles feta and a little extra lemon zest.