Orange Glazed Pork Chops with Cardamom and Honey. A delicious idea for glazed grilled pork chops that reuses the marinade to make a delicious glaze.
Orange Glazed Pork Chops with Cardamom and Honey. Grilled pork chops are a summertime dinner staple at our house. It seems to be one of the things our family enjoys most from the back yard grill.
The same recipes can get boring quickly, as I’m sure you’ll agree. So, we are always trying to find new ways to make grilled pork chops more interesting and delicious.
This idea to turn the marinade into a sticky and tart citrus glaze worked particularly well.
It really plays to my frugal nature. we all know I hate to throw anything out.
Re-purposing the marinade into a glaze makes me very happy, especially when the result is this delicious. Try it and you’ll want to add it to your summer meal rotation too.
These are also great broiled at any time of year. We serve them mostly with steamed rice and make extra sauce to serve over it. Simply delicious!
A great side dish to go with this recipe is a simple Cranberry Kale Salad.
We have some great side dish inspiration too, including everything from baked beans & corn bread to deliciously different potato and pasta salads. Be sure to check them all out in our collection of 35 Best BBQ Side Dishes too.
Originally published August, 2008. Updated May, 2020.
Like this Orange Glazed Pork Chops recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
An outstanding recipe for grilled pork chops where the marinade also does double duty by being turned into a delicious honey citrus glaze.
- 6 center loin pork chops
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped orange zest
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Mix together the orange juice, zest, garlic, cardamom salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of the honey to make a marinade.
- Pour over the pork chops and marinate for 30-60 minutes but no longer. Remove the chops from the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and add the remaining honey. Simmer slowly to reduce the volume of the marinade by about half until it begins to thicken slightly and resemble a glaze.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Grill the pork chops over medium high heat until almost completely cooked, turning once. In the final few minutes of grilling brush the chops with the prepared glaze several times, turning the chops and brushing on additional glaze several times.
Serving Size1 g
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 100mgSodium 270mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 27gProtein 34g