Orange Hoisin Pork Sandwiches. These quick and easy pork sandwiches can be made from any leftover thinly sliced pork chops, pork roast, or pork tenderloin.
This is the kind of meal we like to refer to as a “Leftover Rescue Recipe”. However, the truth is we purposely grilled extra pork chops one evening in order to plan dinner for the next day.
We knew it was going to be a very busy day, with not much time for cooking. That’s very often our strategy when it comes to meal planning.
These outstanding hot sandwiches are simply made with thin slices of leftover pork chops. The sliced pork then gets tossed in a quick cooking Orange Hoisin Sauce which also can be made in advance if you prefer.
This is just another way that a little simple meal planning can ensure a terrific dinner even on the busiest of days.
For more tried and true recipes, check out this collection of our 25 Most Popular Recipes since Rock Recipes began back in 2007.
Like this Orange Pork Hoisin Sandwiches recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Any thinly sliced leftover roast pork or pork chops can be used to create these delicious sandwiches.
- 4 large cooked center loin pork chops, thinly sliced( or an equivalent amount of sliced pork loin roast or tenderloin. About 1 1/2 pounds)
For the Sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp chili flakes, optional
- sliced, roasted red pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Thinly slice the pork and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, sauté together the garlic and peanut oil over medium heat.
- When the garlic has softened but not browned add the orange juice, hoisin sauce, grated ginger, five spice powder, black pepper and chili flakes.
- Stir and simmer until reduced and thickened to about the consistency of plum sauce.
- Toss the pork slices in the sauce over medium heat only enough to warm the pork and remove from the burner.
- Serve on toasted buns with pieces of roasted red pepper.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 566Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 125mgSodium 843mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 16gProtein 51g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.