15 Minute Orange Hoisin Shrimp & Noodles. This super quick, orange and hoisin shrimp recipe is on the table before you can even decide what to order off a take out menu. It’s a busy day lifesaver meal.
Here’s one of the quickest meals we’ve ever featured in Rock Recipes and a real stand-by dinner at our house.
Spouse was working late one night last week, so it was just the kids and I to feed. With a busy evening of kid activities ahead, we needed a super-quick supper.
I had taken some shrimp out of the freezer that morning for just that reason. However, this is a very versatile and easy recipe that also works very well with thinly sliced chicken, pork or beef.
The only thing you have to be careful of is to quickly sauté any of those meats. You’ll need get them out of the pan quickly before making the sauce so that the meat remains tender and not overcooked.
I sautéed the shrimp and made the sauce while Noah chopped garlic and ginger. Olivia handled the peppers and noodles.
We literally had this meal on the table in 15 minutes. That’s way faster than any take-out meal we could have picked up and twice as tasty too.
You might also like this recipe for Chili Lime Shrimp Kabobs:
Like this 15 Minute Orange Hoisin Shrimp & Noodles recipe?
Find plenty of other time saving, delicious meal ideas in our Quick & Easy Dinners Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
This super quick, orange and hoisin shrimp recipe is on the table before you can even decide what to order off a take out menu. It's a busy day lifesaver meal.
- 1/2 pound Chinese noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 pound shelled and cleaned shrimp
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- Lightly saute the seasoned shrimp in the olive oil for only 3 to 4 minutes over medium high heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To the pan add the 3 cloves minced garlic.
- Saute for only a minute to slightly soften the garlic, then add the remaining ingredients except the red pepper.
- Simmer for just a few minutes until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, then add the shrimp back to the pan along with the red pepper.
- After one minute add the cooked noodles and toss well before serving.
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 4mgSodium 1046mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 3gSugar 16gProtein 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.