Spinach Caesar Salad on Honey Oatbran Pizza, with Lemon & Bacon Glazed Chicken. A very delicious and satisfying combination for either lunch or dinner.
Not just a recipe for spinach caesar salad, today’s recipe incorporates a number of my individual recipes.
The Lemon and Bacon Glazed Chicken recipe makes an excellent club sandwich as well. The honey and oat bran pizza crust is great as a plain cheese pizza to top with the spinach caesar salad too.
I first got the idea from a restaurant I visited in my travels many years ago. They had a whole menu of delicious salads on various types of cheese pizzas and they were all delicious.
NOTE: I like to debone my own chicken breasts so that I can roast the bones and skins for stock later. I freeze them until I have enough to cover a baking sheet then use the instructions in my post on making Chicken Stock here.
I decided to try a version myself and with the addition of the chicken, it makes a very satisfying lunch or dinner for sure.
You can use your favourite brand of dressing or if you’d like to try an old fashioned homemade restaurant type dressing find my recipe for Caesar Dressing here.
If you want to make your own Garlic Oil, find out how I do it here.
Originally Published on April 17, 2008. Updated April 2020.
Looking for more chicken dinner ideas? Be sure to check out this collection of our Most Popular Chicken Recipes of the last decade.
Like this Spinach Caesar Salad recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Spinach Caesar Salad on Honey Oatbran Pizza, with Lemon & Bacon Glazed Chicken; a very delicious and satisfying combination for either lunch or dinner.
For the Lemon and Bacon Glazed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 strips smoked bacon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to season, if necessary
For the Honey Oat Bran Pizza Dough
- 3-4 cups soft whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oat bran
- 1 packet instant yeast
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups lukewarm water
- 3 tbsp honey
You will also need
To prepare the Lemon and Bacon Glazed Chicken
- Begin by fully cooking the bacon in a large heavy bottom skillet. Remove the bacon and set aside. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add them to the pan . Fully cook them over medium heat, about 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the size of the breasts. Remove the chicken breasts, pat off the excess bacon fat with paper towels and set aside to rest while you make the glaze.
- To make the glaze, drain off all the bacon fat from the skillet. Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Cook only for about a minute until the glaze thickens. At this point you can return the breasts to the pan to glaze them or cut in slices and toss in the glaze, depending upon how you wish to serve them.
To prepare Whole Wheat and Oatbran Pizza dough.
- MAKES ENOUGH FOR 6 INDIVIDUAL PIZZAS
- Mix dry ingredients together including the salt and yeast, except for one cup of the flour. Add the warm water, oil and honey and mix very well with a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining flour a little at a time until dough forms. Remove to a floured breadboard or your counter top and knead for an additional 5 minutes. Allow dough to rest for ½ hour, covered in a warm place. Knead again for 5 minutes and split dough into 6 portions and allow to rest for 20 minutes before rolling your dough into the desired size.
To prepare the pizzas
- Preheat your pizza stone in middle rack of your oven for half an hour at 450 degrees F.
- Stretch or roll your pizza dough into 8 inch rounds and place one on a wooden peel that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. The cornmeal will allow the pizza to slide off the peel (I’ve even used a thin piece of cardboard in a pinch if you do not have a peel.) Make sure your pizza is sliding on the cornmeal base before adding your toppings. Brush each dough round with 1tbsp garlic olive oil
Top each pizza with:
- ounces grated part skim mozzarella cheese
- Grind some black pepper over the whole pizza.
- Shake your peel to make sure the pizza is not stuck. Slide the pizza onto the hot stone, shaking it slightly in a back and forth motion as you slowly retract the wooden peel.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending upon your oven. Bottom and top should be nicely browned.
To assemble the dish:
- Toss freshly washed and dried spinach with the caesar dressing and place on top of the cooked pizza. Top with the precooked bacon, glazed chicken and a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
Nutritional information does not include the salad dressing you choose.
Serving Size6 individual pizzas with salad
Amount Per Serving Calories 592Saturated Fat 6gCholesterol 95mgSodium 573mgCarbohydrates 69gFiber 8gSugar 18gProtein 42g