These easy chocolate pecan almond bars are some pretty special cookies. It’s like a nutty candy bar on top of a buttery shortbread base.
These cookies have crunchy nuts and chocolate on a butter shortbread base. It’s a recipe that you will surely make over and over again. This simple recipe is very easy to make but very decadent too. It reminds me of a perfect nutty chocolate bar on a shortbread cookie.
I’ve made these bars quite a few times and sometimes substitute other nuts in the recipe too. Practically any nuts will work. Just choose your favorite nuts to make your own version. These cookies also freeze very well and are another highly recommended recipe for the Holiday freezer.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ¾ cup roughly chopped pecans
- ¾ cup roughly chopped almonds
- Process in a food processor until the mixture is crumbly (or quickly rub the butter through the flour and brown sugar using your hands).
- Press into the bottom of a parchment lined or lightly greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract until the brown sugar is totally dissolved. Pinch the mixture between your fingers to make sure you can't feel any sugar granules.
- Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips and pour onto the prepared crust.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting and serving.