Beef Tacos from the Slow Cooker. Chunks of beef, slow cooked with black beans and spices to tender perfection then served with grilled corn salsa on soft shell tacos. Great for family dinners, pot lucks, game nights or any time you want to easily serve a crowd.
These slow cooked beef tacos are a great meal or party food idea for so many reasons. First of all, tacos are always a big hit with all ages, so it’s an easy, nutritious meal idea for the family; the kids will love them.
It’s a terrific recipe to add to a meal plan for the week too. You can even make the beef and salsa on a Sunday to warm up for dinner on Monday or Tuesday. The taco in the photo actually was made from beef cooked the day before.
If you have a big slow cooker, or even if you want to make this recipe as slow cooked oven braised beef, you can make multiple times the recipe. This helps to serve beef tacos to a crowd at a potluck, party or on game days like Super Bowl Sunday.
They will be the hit of the party, I guarantee.
Using lean cuts of beef and low fat cheese will even make this quite a healthy and very nutritious meal too. The best reason to make these beef tacos though, is really because they are just so delicious!
Throwing a Cinco de Mayo celebration? This is another great recipe to feed the party crowd!
Looking for more Party Food and Game day recipes?
Be sure to check out this collection of 45 Delicious Party Food Ideas! There’s something for everyone in here.
Need even more healthy recipes? We’ve added a collection of 25 Best Heathy Eating Recipes here.
Like this Beef Tacos recipe?
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Beef Tacos from the Slow Cooker
Beef Tacos from the Slow Cooker - Chunks of beef, slow cooked with black beans and spices to tender perfection then served with grilled corn salsa on soft shell tacos. Great for family dinners, pot lucks, game nights or any time you want to easily serve a crowd.
For the slow cooked beef
- 3 pounds chuck roast, well trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch dice (Sirloin, cross rib and blade roast can be used as well)
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- salt and pepper to season the beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 cups cooked black beans, rinse them if using canned
- 2 cups plain tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock or water
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder, optional if you like it spicey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or molasses
For the Grilled Corn Sriracha Salsa
- 2 cup ears grilled sweet corn, about a
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper to season
To prepare the slow cooked beef
- Heat the canola oil in a large cast iron skillet and brown the beef well. It's best not to crowd the pan, so brown the beef in 2 batches to get good colour on the beef. This will improve the flavour of the cooked beef and keep it moist.
- Add the browned beef to the slow cooker along with all of the remaining ingredients. Cook for approximately 4 hours on low or until the beef is fall apart tender. Time will vary depending on the individual make of slow cooker
- Alternatively, you can slow braise the beef and bean mixture in a dutch oven or covered casserole dish in the oven at 250 degrees F for 3-4 hours.
- Stir occasionally, and if the beef and beans become too thick during the cooking time, don't hesitate to add a little more beef stock or water. As long as it comes out as a thick sauce in the end, it will be fine.
- Serve on soft shell flour or corn tortillas with the grilled corn salsa and anything else you want to add, like grated cheese, guacamole or sour cream.
To prepare the salsa
- Simply toss all of the ingredients together in a glass or plastic bowl and let stand for at least a half hour before tossing again to serve.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 655Saturated Fat 12gCholesterol 156mgSodium 903mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 9gSugar 10gProtein 52g
Friday 15th of July 2022
Can you clear up your ingredients list regarding the corn, (2 cup ears grilled sweet corn, about a) Thanks
Tuesday 20th of October 2020
In the recipe FOR THE GRILLED CORN SRIRACHA SALSA, it islisted "2 cup ears grilled sweet corn, about a ..." Does that mean ".... about a certain number of ears of roasted corn? Can I use frozen or canned corn in place of roasted corn?? If so, do I roast the frozen/canned corn before adding to the recipe????