Chili Lime Sticky Crispy Chicken Wings. Juicy wings with a warmly spiced crispy coating that get tossed in a tangy, sweet, spicy glaze. So very delicious!
Our wings are sort of famous among our circle of friends and this version of crispy chicken wings has just added to that reputation!
Whenever folks are invited over for “Sips and Nibbles” there had better be some great wings on the menu. A room full of disappointed faces might be the result.
We have made many kinds over the years and this was our latest attempt at some crispy, sticky wings. This time featuring the classic combo of chili & lime for some sweet tangy heat on delicious crispy fried wings.
You had better make lots of these because they are going to go fast!
In any chicken wings recipe I tend to use fresh chicken wings whenever possible. Frozen will do in a pinch of course, but in my experience frozen wings do lose some moisture in the freezing process.
Fresh wings will always be a little plumper and juicier when cooked.
For a smokier version of this recipe, substitute 1 tsp of Chipotle powder for the clili paste. You can use more or less to taste, of course.
If you are a huge fan of great chicken wing recipes, like me, be sure to check out this delicious collection of 20 Fantastic Chicken Wing Recipes.
Like this Chili Lime Sticky Crispy Chicken Wings recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Chili Lime Sticky Crispy Chicken Wings - Juicy wings with a warmly spiced crispy coating that get tossed in a tangy, sweet, spicy glaze. So very delicious!
- 3 lbs chicken wings, washed, cut and trimmed
For the coating
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
For the egg wash
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
For the Chili Lime Sticky Glaze
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- finely chopped zest of one lime
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp crushed chili paste, or chili flakes more or less to taste.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
You will also need
- canola for frying
- lbs chicken wings, washed, cut and trimmed
- Mix together well, the flour, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and ginger.
- Dip the chicken wings into an egg wash made from whisking together the eggs and milk.
- Dredge the egg washed wings in the flour mixture and drop them in a canola oil filled and preheated 375 degree F deep fryer for about 10-12 minutes depending upon the size of the wings until a medium golden brown and fully cooked through. You can use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is at least 180 degrees F at the center.
- Drain on a wire rack placed on a cookie sheet. Hold in a 175 degree oven if making more than one batch.
To prepare the Chili Lime Sticky Glaze
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and garlic.
- Saute for a minute to soften the garlic, then add the honey, lime zest and juice, chili paste, salt and pepper.
- Simmer together for about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken wings into a large bowl and pour the hot glaze over the wings. Toss well to cover all of the wings in glaze. Garnish with grated lime zest and chives if desired.
Serving Size8 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 757Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 163mgSodium 883mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 31g