Warm Grilled Potato Salad with Lemon and Oregano. A tasty, warm grilled potato salad with plenty of bright fresh flavours in the dressing and finished with some crumbled feta cheese.
As regular readers will know, our family practically lives off the backyard grill in the summer months. With the season so short here in Newfoundland nobody could blame those like us who need to take as much advantage of the good weather as we possibly can.
Simple grilled fish, chops, steaks and chicken get regular rotation in our meal planning but like so many others, the real challenge with summer grilling is the question, “What are we going to serve with it.”
We are going to be concentrating more on great side dishes during this summer and this delicious warm potato salad was a big hot at dinner a couple of days ago. It is so simple and easy and comes together quite quickly too.
Red or yellow potatoes are best for this recipe because they hold together better and keep their shape when par-boiled and then grilled.
After grilling to golden brown it is then a simple matter of tossing them with the few other tasty ingredients before serving.
We crumbled feta cheese over this particular salad but it is not essential to the recipe. If you don’t like it or you can easily substitute freshly grated Parmesan or other hard cheese if you wish.
The grilling of the potatoes is the most important element here. You can rally make many different grilled potato salads using this method. We often add chopped olives and red onion to this one for additional Greek flavours.
Use this idea to come up with other great flavour combinations with unique dressings to make other ideas come alive. Maybe bacon, parmesan and garlic with Caesar dressing? OH, now I can’t wait to try this one myself!
Like this Grilled Potato Salad recipe?
To keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes plus daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals, be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram.
Also, be sure to check out this collection of 26 Best Barbecue Side Dishes. Bookmark that page to try them all summer long!
Warm Grilled Potato Salad with Lemon and Oregano - A tasty, warm grilled potato salad with plenty of bright fresh flavours in the dressing and finished with some crumbled feta cheese.
- 2 lb medium sized red potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil for brushing on the potatoes
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small red pepper, , finely diced
- finely grated zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- Cut the potatoes into ½ inch slices and gently par-boil them in lightly salted water for 4 or 5 minutes or until a fork can be pushed through a slice but it is not soft and fully cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool on a clean tea towel in a single layer. When they are cool enough to handle very lightly brush each side of the potatoes with the olive oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium heat until they are golden brown, fully cooked and fork tender. Remove from the grill and place in a large heat proof bowl.
- Whisk together the 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, diced red pepper, lemon juice and zest, oregano and chives. pour over the grilled potatoes and toss gently until the potatoes are fully coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter and crumble feta cheese over the top if desired when serving.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size8 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 202 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 9mg Sodium 151mg Carbohydrates 30g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 5g
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.