Ham and Cheddar Frittata. A terrific, easy brunch or lunch frittata that’s ideal for using leftover ham and/or pasta.
Here’s a recipe idea for brunch this weekend, especially if you’re having a pasta dinner tonight save a little pasta for a family sized breakfast or brunch in the morning. Not a bad brunch for a snow day like we’re expecting today either.
On busy weekdays we sometimes serve “breakfast for dinner”. I’ve since learned that this is a pretty popular thing to do in many families.
This recipe is an excellent choice for that purpose, especially in the week following a baked ham dinner on the weekend.
For an even more delicious twist on this recipe, try using smoked cheddar instead of regular cheddar. I love smoked cheeses and any chance to use one in a great brunch recipe is a good thing in my mind.
For even more delicious ideas for brunch, we have put them together into one amazing collection of our 25 Best Scone Recipes.
Like this Ham and Cheddar Frittata recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Ham and Cheddar Frittata - A terrific, easy brunch or lunch frittata that's ideal for using leftover ham and/or pasta.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- ½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp hot sauce, (optional)
- 1 cup precooked ham cut in small cubes or small slices
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, (optional)
- 1 cup precooked pasta
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large oven safe skillet. (No plastic handles. All stainless or cast iron)
- Add the garlic and onion and saute for a couple of minutes until softened.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, sour cream, salt, pepper, ground nutmeg and hot sauce.
- To the egg mixture fold in the ham, cheddar, chives and pasta.
- Pour over the onions and garlic in the skillet, giving them a good stir for a a minute while still on the heat, to incorporate everything evenly and start to scramble the eggs.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and olives if desired. Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the center springs back when pressed lightly.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 315mgSodium 498mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 20g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.