Pork tenderloin is a much under utilized quick dinner ingredient but this Spicy Mango Orange Pork with Cashews shows how to use it in a quick and easy meal that’s just packed with great flavour.
This Spicy Mango Orange Pork is my kind of quick and easy family dinner. Although, I will also confess that when on the rare occasion that I am left alone for dinner, I can whip up a single serving of this in no time flat.
On those occasions I will most likely very thinly slice a single pork chop to use in this dish rather than the pork tenderloin. As long as it is quickly cooked it works almost as well as the more tender loin meat.
We serve this dish most often over thin Chinese noodles which cook in just a few minutes. It is also terrific with plain steamed rice too.
Everyone who tries this quick and easy mango orange chicken really loves it. It is so colourful and inviting on the plate and the flavours do not disappoint.
Resist the urge to stir fry the pork medallions for longer than a minute or two. Overcooking the pork is the biggest thing to watch out for. Remember that teh pork will get returned to the pan for reheating with the sauce.
This step will finish cooking the pork, even if it is a little underdone at the stir fry stage.
That’s because this dish comes together so quickly that your family could be sitting down to dinner in less time than it takes for a take-out delivery. And it’s likely to be a whole lot tastier too.
Looking for chicken dinner ideas too? Be sure to check out this collection of our Most Popular Chicken Recipes of the last decade.
Updated Nov 2020.
Like this Spicy Mango Orange Pork recipe?
You’ll find hundreds of other great ideas in our Quick & Easy Dinners Category and even more in our Pork Recipes Category.
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes are added. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Spicy Mango Orange Pork with Cashews
Pork tenderloin is a much under utilized quick dinner ingredient but this Spicy Mango Orange Pork with Cashews uses it in a meal packed with great flavour.
- 1 lb thinly sliced pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup orange juice4 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp rice wine or Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar in a pinch
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp crushed chili sauce or 1/2 tsp chili flakes, optional or to taste
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp corn starch dissolved in an ounce of cold water
- 2 fresh mangoes, diced
- 3/4 cup toasted cashews
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Heat peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Quickly add the garlic and pork, season with salt and pepper and stir fry for only about a minute.
- Add the peppers and stir fry for only about another 30 seconds. Remove the pork and peppers from the wok and set aside.
- Add the orange juice to the wok and boil quickly until the volume of the juice is reduced by about half.
- Add the Hoisin sauce, rice wine, vinegar, honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, five spice powder and ginger.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes before returning the pork and peppers to the wok with the sauce.
- Bring to a boil and thicken with a slurry of 1 tsp corn starch dissolved in an ounce of cold water.
- Toss in the diced mangoes.
- Cook for only a minute to warm through the mango.
- Serve over noodles or rice and when serving, sprinkle the plates with the toasted cashews and chopped green onions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 726Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 83mgSodium 462mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 6gSugar 44gProtein 38g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Thursday 17th of February 2022
In the Spicy orange Mango pork recipe is it 4 tbsp of rice wine, 3 Tbsp of rice wine or 7 Tbsp? Please review your instructions.