Grilled Corn Sausage Chili with roasted red pepper! A terrifically tasty, comfort food chili that’s made for the end of summer when corn, tomatoes and peppers are at their best.
This is Spouse’s twist on her standard chili recipe to take advantage of the sweet corn season. Of course, with summer tomatoes and peppers also plentiful, it’s the perfect time to try this comfort food chili.
I’ve used Italian sausage here with the casings removed, but of course you can buy loose sausage meat and treat it like ground beef in the recipe.
You can even try using a low fat sausage like turkey or chicken sausage to make this an even healthier dinner choice.
I have pictured it here with some tortilla chips and garnishes of cheddar, sour cream and lime guacamole. I think this one makes great dip for tortilla chips too.
I might serve it that way at our next get together with friends for “sips and nibbles”.
Love recipes on the healthier side?
Need even more healthy recipes? We’ve added a collection of 25 Best Heathy Eating Recipes here.
Originally published Aug 2008. Updated Sept 2020.
Like this Grilled Corn Sausage Chili recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Grilled Corn Sausage Chili with roasted red pepper! A terrifically tasty, comfort food chili that's made for the end of summer when corn, tomatoes and peppers are at their best.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned kidney beans, well rinsed
- 3 cloves minced garlic1 medium red onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage meat
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 3 ears of grilled corn, removed from cob
- 1 minced jalapeño pepper( optional)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin (or to taste)
- 3 heaping tbsp chili powder
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- Salt and pepper to season
- In a large pot heat 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion.
- Cook until the onions begin to soften.
- Mix together the ground beef and sausage.
- Add the meat to the garlic and onions and cook to brown breaking the meat into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer very gently over low heat for 1 hour or so, stirring occasionally.
- Serve alone or with tortilla chips and garnishes of grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and lime guacamole.
Amount Per Serving Calories 621Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 102mgSodium 1045mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 8gSugar 18gProtein 40g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.