The top ten cheesecake recipes that have been most popular on RockRecipes.com over the last 15 years. Now expanded to 40 delectable recipes!
Top Ten Cheesecake Recipes , now expanded to 40 RECIPES!
Originally published Nov 2014.
I write in my new cookbook that I am an unrepentant dessert junkie. It really is true that I’m not much of a “volume” eater at dinner.
I rarely eat seconds of anything and if dessert is on the way, practically never.
There are many, many decadent desserts among the over 1800 recipes on this blog to date. But, like so many others I have always been a sucker for a great cheesecake.
Smaller cheesecake portions.
There are a couple of mini cheesecake recipes and a couple of cheesecake bar recipes included in this list as well. Those recipes have been particularly popular on Rock Recipes as people seek to portion control their indulgent desserts.
Those ideas give a terrific alternative to baking an entire large cheesecake when you don’t need to serve a large crowd. It prevents the overindulgence we all know can happen with too much leftover cheesecake. 😉
I’ve never met a cheesecake I didn’t like but there are some that I very much prefer. I think you should start with a plain vanilla cheesecake if you are new to baking cheesecake. That will allow you to get a feel for how to bake one properly.
Tips for our top ten cheesecake recipes
In my experience over baking is the biggest problem with cheesecakes.
What should really be a light and creamy texture is often left in the oven for too long. Often at too high a temperature as well and results in the cheesecake becoming to dry and dense.
Follow the bain marie method outlined in many of these recipes for best results. But even if you don’t use that water bath method, wrap the outside of the pan in a couple of layers of aluminum foil to buffer the direct heat.
Don’t bake at a temperature greater than 300-325 degrees F. The difference it makes to the creamy texture of your cheesecake is well worth the little extra time and effort.
Click on the recipe titles below to be taken to the individual recipes. For dozens more of our best cheesecake themed recipes from Brunch muffins to decadent showstopper desserts, please visit ourPinterest Cheesecake Board.
Now, the cheesecake recipes!
Top Ten Cheesecake Recipes, now expanded to 40 delectable recipes!
BONUS RECIPE, Smores Cheesecake. This one came in at number 41 but I just couldn't leave it out!! All the deliciousness of campfire smores in a very grown up, decadent dessert that will have eyes popping around any dinner table.
40. Double Decker Neapolitan Cheesecake. A chocolate and a vanilla cheesecake get stacked together, then topped with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of chocolate! An exceptional celebration dessert when serving a crowd.
39. Chocolate Truffle Irish Cream Cheesecake - layers of chocolate and Bailey's Irish Cream flavoured cheesecake topped with shards of Bailey's chocolate truffles. The perfect indulgent dessert for St. Patrick's Day.
32. Inspired by the famous cookie, I wanted to create a simple, elegant cheesecake presentation featuring a two tone look with chocolate and vanilla. I think it looks much nicer than just marbling the two flavors.
28. White Chocolate Cheesecake Trifle with Summer Fruit. Cubes of light as air sponge cake soaked with cherry brandy, then layered with a creamy white chocolate cheesecake mousse and luscious summer fruits & berries.
22. Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Layer Cake - one purely decadent dessert fusion that includes layers of homemade scratch cake with a creamy orange cheesecake in the middle then covered by even more chocolate!
18. Coconut Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes - at only 224 CALORIES EACH, these delectable mini cheesecakes are exactly the same as our full sized Coconut Cream Cheesecake, except in a smaller, portion controlled size.
2: How to Bake the Perfect Cheesecake Every Time or "Just a Vanilla Cheesecake" - Learning how to bake the perfect cheesecake is all about quality ingredients, an uncomplicated recipe and mastering the simple method.
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Visit my Amazon Store for my favourite kitchen gadgets and appliances, plus recommendations from my personal cookbook collection.