Mini Turtle Cheesecakes. Cupcake sized portions of our incredibly poplar Turtle Cheesecake recipe. Great for parties and pot lucks!
Originally published Feb 2019.
This Mini Turtle Cheesecakes recipe comes from the lost files of Rock Recipes. Naturally, when you make and photograph as much food as I do, sometimes things get lost in the shuffle.
I first posted a full size Turtle Cheesecake recipe back in the fall of 2017 and it was an immediate hit. Not long after, about couple of months later, someone wrote to ask if I could do a mini version of the same recipe.
I thought that was a particularly good idea. Because these are a particularly decadent treat, a mini version would be a great way to control portion size.
I set out to make them and they turned out particularly well. The photographs turned out very well too. Therefore, I dutifully downloaded them to my computer as I always do.
Normally, I like to edit my photos right away, just in case they need to be immediately reshot. Usually they do not but sometimes a shot or two can be a bit out of focus and I take another before someone scarfs down the whole lot!
Whatever the reason on this occasion, I did not immediately edit them but did save them correctly in a labelled folder on my computer. and there they sat for almost a year!
Discovering the Mini Turtle Cheesecakes photos.
When doing some year end file organizing, I came across several folders with unused photographs. This was one of them.
With Super Bowl Weekend right around the corner, I decided this was the time to finally post my miniaturized version of this recipe.
Just like our Mini Coconut Cream Cheesecakes, our Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes our Mini Raspbery Tuxedo Cheesecakes and Black Forest Cheesecakes, these are perfect for parties. Add them to buffet tables on any occasion from Super Bowl to Christmas and see how quickly they disappear!
Now, I wonder what else is to be discovered in my lost files? Stay tuned to find out.
Like this Mini Turtle Cheesecakes recipe?
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram. Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes are added. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Mini Turtle Cheesecakes. A cupcake sized portion of our incredibly poplar Turtle Cheesecake recipe with only 200 calories. Great for parties and pot lucks!
For the cookie crumb base
- ¾ cup chocolate cookie crumbs, like Oreo crumbs
- 2½ tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the Cheesecake Batter
- 1 cup cream cheese, one 8 oz block
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
You will also need
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 12 Kraft Caramel candies
- 2 tsp milk
To prepare the cookie crumb base
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix together the crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Divide evenly between the 12 paper lined muffin cups and press the crumbs firmly into the bottom of each.
To prepare the Cheesecake Batter
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in the egg until smooth.
- Finally blend in the whipping cream.
- Divide the cheesecake filling equally between the 12 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheesecake has set and does not jiggle when you give the pan a slight shake.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
To prepare the Chocolate Ganache
- Gently melt the chocolate and whipping cream together in a double boiler. A glass bowl placed over slowly simmering water works well.
- Spoon the chocolate ganache evenly over the cooled mini cheesecakes.
To finish the mini turtle cheesecakes
- Toast the pecans on a cookie sheet for ten minutes at 350 degrees F, turning them at the 5 minute mark.
- Melt together the caramel candies and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Do NOT let this mixture get too hot or the caramels will get hard.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the chocolate layer and drizzle with the melted caramel.
- Store in an airtight plastic container in the fridge.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Serving Size1 mini cheesecake
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 58mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 27gSugar 21gProtein 3g