Spicy Orange Fennel Salad – a deliciously refreshing new take on coleslaw side dish using thinly sliced fennel, a little spicy heat and sweet orange slices.
- 1 small head of fennel thinly sliced
- zest and juice of one small orange
- 4 tbsp low fat or fat-free mayonnaise
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili paste more or less to taste
- 2 large oranges peeled and sliced
Toss together all ingredients except the orange slices.
Cover and chill for an hour before serving with orange slices on top.
Garnish with fennel fronds if desired.