Mango Ginger Carrot Cake. A delicious new twist on this dessert cake classic with a spiced ginger twist to the cream cheese frosting that you’ll love too.
I love mangoes and Spouse loves ginger. So naturally when we were thinking up a new mango ginger carrot cake version of this familiar classic, we combined the two flavours into this incredibly moist and delicious dessert.
A perfect marriage of flavours… just like us! 😉 The candied ginger in the cream cheese frosting gives it a little extra zing too.
Originally published on August 10, 2012.
Love homemade cakes from scratch?
We’ve put together a collection of the 25 Most Baked Cakes of the last 12 years on Rock Recipes. You are sure to find several to love.
Like this Mango Ginger Carrot Cake recipe?
Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Mango Ginger Carrot Cake - a delicious new twist on this dessert cake classic with a spiced ginger twist to the cream cheese frosting that you'll love too.
For the Carrot Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup fresh ripe mango, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly toasted macadamia nuts, optional
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp candied ginger, packed in syrup, very finely minced
- 5 cups icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1-3 tbsp milk, or ginger syrup from the candied ginger; only enough to bring the frosting to a spreadable consistency
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, powdered ginger and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla and oil until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the grated carrots, mango, grated ginger root (and nuts if you are using them.)
- Fold in the dry ingredients by hand.
- Stir only until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the batter. Do not over mix.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
To make the Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix all the ingredients together and beat very well until smooth and fluffy. Add the milk or ginger syrup last to get the frosting to the right consistency.
- If you can't find candied ginger, simply simmer gently 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water with peeled ginger slices in a small saucepan for about 20 minutes or until the liquid thickens to a cleat syrupy consistency. Watch this carefully, If you ignore it , it can burn quickly.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 1047Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 77mgSodium 374mgCarbohydrates 172gFiber 3gSugar 143gProtein 6g
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.